Friday, December 02, 2005

RIP: John Robert Ward Taylor

Well one month after the day he was diagnosed, our great family friend John Taylor passed away on Thanksgiving morning from cancer. He was a great man and we will miss him terribly.

He was my sister's ex-boyfriend and best friend. And my family welcomed him the minute he opened his wise-crackin mouth. He fit right in.

I think my sister said it best:

"His passing on Thanksgiving Day is very significant to us. Thanksgiving was John's holiday. It was his favorite day to cook for all his friends and family. ...Thanksgiving will always be a very memorable and special day for us all."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I am soooo sorry. But I have been thinking a lot of late about "a good death." Is there such a thing? I think yes. Does timing mean anything? I think more for the living than the dead, but it is bittersweet.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home