Wednesday, August 09, 2006

catching up

So while in San Diego, I saw Kathy Griffin live with my friends Valentin & Bill. She had us dying. The crappy thing was that before the crowd from the first show let out (us), the staff started letting people in for the 2nd show, which caused lobby gridlock in humid weather. By the time we managed to squeeze out, I was driping wet with sweat.

One tragedy: Bill left his camera in a cab. =o(

On Sunday, my friend Pete, with who I attend comicCon, skipped Sunday and went to Hillcrest for coffee and then lunch. Afterwards, Pete ducked into RiteAid to use the lil boys room. While waiting for him I saw this old queen in a hideous not quite hawaiin floral print blouse come in. She asked a stock girl for help. The girl replied she didn't speak english. I was gonna step in and help, when Queen snapped "Why are you even working here!" He went on a mad dash in the aisles and again confronted stock girl: "They should fire you. you're useless HA HA." He walks away in disgust, then stops in front of me. Looks me up and down, and mutters: "They always come to California." At this point, I'm looking for a sharp object to embed in this disease bag's throat. But then Pete came out.

Later that night we had dinner with Pete's bf, and my friends Brian & Erika, and Erika's daughter. I had to remember to watch my language.

Back at home I saw Dave Chappelle again at the Punchline. The man is quick. Now I wish I had gone to the last Sunday night show as Mos def, Talib Kweli & De La Soul were in the audience.

Tomorrow I leave for Long Beach.

*A few folks have asked me why I don't mention work. Well, we have a no blogging policy. So all I'll say is I like my job and I aim to keep it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home