Saturday, November 11, 2006

the end of the year is near

where to start?

october started out ok, turned 39 on the 12th. but then a week later, i started getting a weird pain in my hip that made it unbearable to walk. my initial thought was that i got a hairline fracture, which happens with me due to the hip replacement. but i spent a weekend in agony before getting in to see a doctor on monday afternoon. the doc gave me anti-inflamatories n had me take xrays. he alo gave me a referral to an orthopedist. this couldn't be happening at a worse time as at work we were entering our busy season and i need to be looking for an apt.

that wed i got in to see not an orthopedist, but a pain management/anesthesiologist. he sed my xrays showed no signes of breakage. he prescribed me a pain killer that would not make me loopy per my request. i still went in to work, but i was taking cabs to and from, which was not cheap. a week later, i was feeling significantly less pain. the doc sed that i definitely did not have bone damage otherwise my pain would not have subsided.

another week later and significantly less pain again. i even used BART to get to work. its not 100% better, but it is not excruciating.

in other news, i have to be cleared out of my apt by jan 31. i also got in touch with a mortgage officer to explore my viability in getting pre-approved for a home loan. she sent me an application, which i was hoping to get today, but i forgot its veteran's day.

tomorrow, i'm gonna try n have lunch with a friend, who lives in the area where i'm going to be looking at apartments tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blabbeando said...

OMG i had no idea

hope you're not in too much pain

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home