Monday, December 19, 2005

Requisite Brokeback Mountain Post

Finally a perspective differing from the traditional love it/hate it, I've read. I don't agree with it whole-heartedly, but I found it interesting.

From Keith Boyken's blog: "If these characters had been black, they would have called this movie a film about the down low. Instead, they're calling it a classic love story." To read the whole article, click here.

At a certain level, I think Keith misses the point in that, yes, the characters ARE closeted. And whether you call it downlow or closeted, it is still the same thing: a couple of guys whose fear of being labeled queer are engaging in a homosexual love affair with each other while maintaining a heterosexual married life.

I myself haven't seen the film yet. It's been selling out up here. Plus Juve and I are working on seeing Narnia first....which brings me to....

Did anybody catch Saturday Night Live? They had a rap video that had me bustin up where the CHRONICles of Narnia was the subject. Video Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

White boy rappers, tizzight!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home